^~Fly with the wings~^: Frozen
Wish and pray for happiness to all your love ones

Friday, December 20, 2013


To those who care,
Thoughts for the day: Frozen (2013) Review?

Just came back from the movie "Frozen" by Walt Disney! I'm impressed and I feel like dedicating a post to this amazing movie!


"Frozen" is visually stunning, rich with character development, musically amazing and it will be a waste if you did not watch it on the big screen!

I heard 3D is better, but I've not personally tested it in 3D. Although seeing it once, I would recommend you to watch it in 3D.

Synopsis:
"Fearless optimist Anna teams up with Kristoff in an epic journey, encountering Everest-like conditions, and a hilarious snowman named Olaf in a race to find Anna's sister Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom in eternal winter."

Personally, I don't think the synopsis does the movie any justice.. It is actually much better than how the synopsis sounds!!!

I love the story!
Whilst older Disney movies have plots that centre around love between couples, this focuses on the love between sisters. It effectively portrays the sisterly love that knows no boundaries.

The build up was perfect, from start to finish... No rush, no shortcuts, and all well planned out. Humours were added throughout the movie and the story will capture your attention for the 1.5 hours!

I love the characters!
Every character is full.. complete... whole.. I get to know them, empathize with them and feel for them! I felt that Disney did a good job in its effort in character development in this movie.

Introducing the characters
Elsa (Idina Menzel) - The Ice Queen / Diva *my fav character ^_^*

Anna (Kristen Bell) - The cheerful princess, sister of Elsa *loved her singing*

Kristoff (Jonathan Groff) - A mountain man who sells ice for a living *fun character*

Sven - The faithful reindeer of Kristoff *~Cute pet status~*

Olaf (Josh Gad) - A humorous snowman that will tingle your laugh buds *EFFING HILLARIOUS*

I love the art!
The movie takes place mostly in winter scenic views, with snow, ice, cold as a theme. But the amazing part is, the concept art (resulting in the final result on the big screen) is SUPERB!
How Arendelle is visualized,
  How the castle is structured,
    How the ice palace is with its reflective and colourful patterns, and
      How the characters are so cute, pretty and perfect!

I love the music!
Disney has bombarded us with a lot of music since ancient times... from "Tale as old as time" to "A whole new world" to "I see the light" to now in Frozen... Time to add more songs to your music playlist!

This played out to be a pretty musical / broadway kind of movie and I loved every moment of the singing!!

*****Spoiler Alert******
Good music is meant to be shared, and I'm sharing here the musical when Elsa runs away and isolates herself in the North Mountain... Showcasing her vocal prowess and the creation of the amazing Ice Palace!

"Let It Go" from the movie (I recommend watching it in 1080p if possible)


There is another version of this song, performed by Demi Lovato. Also good! But I prefer this version =P

ALL IN ALL:
I enjoyed the movie! And I'm sure you will too! Giving it a 9/10!!

p.s. There is a short after credits scene for a last laugh. So if you're not in a rush, do sit till the end =)
*words of wisdom* (0)
>> §cripted by ~|Inire|~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home